Visit Brasov Romania
Brasov is a charming old town, located in the central part of Romania. It is known for its stunning mountain scenery and rich history. There are many interesting things to see and do, from exploring ancient fortresses to hiking in the Carpathian Mountains. Please find below the top 10 most interesting things to visit in Brasov:
- The Council Square is a great place to relax and feel the the atmosphere of the city. The the main square in Brasov and surrounded by colorful historic buildings, cafes, and restaurants.
- The Rope Street is a very narrow street, one of the narrowest in Europe, and is a unique attraction in Brasov City. It is just 1.3 meters wide and was originally used as a shortcut for firefighters.
- The beautiful Orthodox church called St. Nicholas Church (Romanian: Biserica Sfântul Nicolae) dates back to the 14th century and features stunning frescoes and a unique blend of Gothic and Byzantine architecture.
- Brasov Fortress. Here Visitors can explore the fortress walls, towers, and gatehouses and enjoy panoramic views of the city. The fortress dates back to the 13th century and offers an idea into the medieval past of Brasov.
- The Black Tower (Romanian: Turnul Negru) is part of the Brasov Fortress and offers breathtaking views of the city and the mountains around the tower. The tower was originally built in the 15th century and was used as a watchtower.
- Bran Castle (Romanian: Castelul Bran) - This castle is known as the so called "Dracula Castle". The impressive fortress was built in the 14th century and nowadays one of Romania's most popular tourist attractions. It is located outside of Brasov and is a must-visit for anyone interested in Gothic architecture.
- Black Church, known as one of the largest Gothic churches in Eastern Europe and is located in the heart of the old town of Brasov. The church dates back to the 14th century and is named for its blackened walls, which were caused by a large fire in the 17th century.
- To see old books, documents, and other artifacts related to the school system, please visit First Romanian School Museum. The museum is located in a historic building and showcases the history of the Romanian education system.
- The Mount Tampa. This mountain is overlooking Brasov and offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding countryside. Visitors can take a cable car for a pleasant ride.
- The Ethnographic Museum - In this museum visitors can view the traditional culture and customs of the Romanian people.
In conclusion, visit Brasov if you are interested in a rich history, culture and natural beauty. Brasov has many its impressive fortresses, a charming old town, and stunning mountain scenery.